Monday, February 1, 2010

H1n1 Decimates English Program. Air Conditioners held Responsible.


H1n1 has had its infectious way with the English Program, and as a result the entire EP wing has been sent packing. In the children’s wake a skeleton crew of bored and sweaty teachers, spinning around in swivel chairs to kill time between visits to facebook.

Why are the teachers sweaty? Well that is an easy one, as of today, the air conditioners have been deemed unsafe and likely to facilitate contamination of the virus. They are an enemy to public health.

However I am curious about whom this policy is meant to protect. The students are at home, either disabled by the mild effects of the virus, or chocking on snacks hastily shoved in their mouths between bouts of laughter at their good fortune.

With the students out of the equation, there are only teachers and our health conscious administrator present in the building. Often with only a single person present in a single room. We have been protected from our own germs….

3 comments:

  1. Ajarn I don't know why but somehow I had you marked down as a woman. No offence but I thought you were tapping the keypads wearing scarlet nail varnish and a split in your skirt so high even the mosquitoes wouldn't go near. Blogger explained all.

    Nice blog and one with a touch of cynicism, I can relate to that. I bet those kids are laughing like hell and who knows, perhaps Loso might take a leaf out of Bryan Adams book and squawk " oh yeah...the winter of 2010."

    I picked your link up from Jonny Foreigner and I'm glad I did. Sweet dreams and if you do sneeze in the night, point it south. Best wishes from the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I kind of thought this flu thing was winding down, as in, nobody is getting sick anymore. This bout of sickness sure is well-timed! Before you know it, the Chinese New Year celebrations will close everything down!

    And yeah, do sneeze south. We don't want it up here in CM. And for Buddha's sake wash your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoo-Don, well, your right about the slit in my skirt, but I'm afraid red is a bit trashy for me. Flesh colored varnish is more my style. Thanks for reading, and I'll be sure to keep all sneezes in a southerly direction.

    Lani, I know it. I remember scoffing at fears of a return of the virus. Something along the lines of, 'thats just more fear mongering.."
    and today the entire school population has been sent home.

    ReplyDelete